As per reports, doctors found a foreign object in the stomach that was too large. As he underwent various scans and tests, doctors discovered that it was a mobile phone. He was warned that the mobile posed a huge threat to his life due to its corrosive battery containing harmful chemicals.
Fortunately, the surgery was a success and the cellphone was removed from his stomach. The images shared by doctor Telaku on Facebook include X-Ray and endoscopy images that show the phone inside the man’s belly.
“I got a call about a patient who swallowed an object, and after carrying out a scan we noticed that the phone had split into three parts,” Dr Telaku told the local media. “Out of all the parts, it was the battery that concerned us most because it could have potentially exploded in the man’s stomach,” he added.
Media reports said that the man went to the hospital in capital Pristina himself after suffering pain in his stomach. Dr Telaku said the man didn’t reveal why he swallowed the phone.
A clip recorded by a small camera shows the doctor and his team locating and removing the phone from the man’s stomach. It took over two hours to remove the device.
The make of the phone is not clear. Some reports suggest it to be Nokia 3310 while others claim it to be L8STAR BM90, a phone that looks like Nokia 3310 but is smaller in size.